Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Weekend In Seoul

To celebrate Alisia's birthday in proper fashion I've planned a weekend in Seoul. It started with a surprise Rachael Yamagata concert on Friday night. We had only sampled her music before, but were both impressed with Rachael Yamagata's music. It was an amazing concert and she is such a talented artist--it was easliy one of the best concerts that we have been to. We were pleasantly surprised at how initmate the concert venue was, and how laid back she and her band was--even taking request and inviting a member of the audience to sing on stage with her. It was awesome...and Alisia loved it! That was the most important thing:-)
I am writing this sitting in a salon while Alisia gets her hair colored, after this I have made a reservation at a day spa for her to get truley pampered...with a massage, facial, and pedicure. I hope she loves it. Tonight we are heading to a small but nice restaraunt called Star Chef. It is Korean/Asian Fusion. It is supposed to be really good. We will tell you later about it. Oh...and there will be a little shopping involved today too...you know Alisia--she loves to shop! That's the plan for the day for Alisia. I hope she loves it, but I do know one thing...she deserves it for putting up with me!
We are now fully settle in here in Korea and have found a nice groove with teaching. With the Lord's help it has become easier. We have also begun to branch out and try different restaruants despite the lack of pictures or English. With lots of a hand gestures and broken English we have managed to get things accomplished. We have found people here friendly and willing to help, it is a credit to the Korean people.
That's all I have now. We will of course write more later. Please keep us in your prayers every now and then! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment